Photos can be boring. You can glimpse more of someone’s personality through their voice, body language and facial expressions. That’s why we’ve included a cool, new and exciting video feature in our matchmaking process (but don’t worry, it’s only a 10-30 second clip. We’re not talking feature film length here!)
Aside from your personal matchmaker, the only person who will see your video is the match that you’ve approved. And, you’ll receive one in return.
By the way, you don’t have to upload a video from the beginning in our registration form. We give you the time and space to hit record and upload once you’re ready to swap your media with the match we’ve suggested (at Stage 2).
HOW DO I UPLOAD MY VIDEO?
As the first matchmaking site to include videos, we think it’s important to breakdown the process and make it easy for you.
So how exactly does it work?
You’ll need a YouTube account as you’ll be uploading your video to YouTube first, and then copying and pasting the private Video ID into the ‘My Video’ page which will be accessible to you once you’ve created an account with us and signed in.
Don’t worry! We understand it can all get a bit too tech-y, so we have a short and easy video tutorial to explain how things work.
LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION
Now that the boring stuff is out of the way, here are the options you can open your video with when you press the record button:
1. Islam is important to me because…
2. My all-time favorite book/author/song is…. because….
3. In 5/10 years, I see myself…
4. My favorite Surah in the Qur’an is… because…
5. The best part about my job is….
The following are very important to remember:
1. Do not mention your name, location or identity specifics such as the company you work for.
2. Keep your videos between 10-30 seconds.
3. If you are recording on your mobile, make sure you record landscape/horizontally (by turning your phone sideways).
WHEN DO I UPLOAD MY VIDEO?
You can upload your video anytime after you’ve registered by logging in to your account. Before you request to go onto Stage 2 with a match, you’ll need to get a video ready. Remember, when you send one, you’ll also receive one in return.
Use this form to find things you need on this site